For this week’s Thousander Club update:
Game Hours: 576 (previous three years) + 115 (current year) = 691 / 1000
Game Ideas: 775 (previous three years) + 10 (current year) = 785 / 1000
Most of my hours this week were for Ludum Dare #14. I didn’t keep an accurate count of the time I spent working, but aside from most of the last seven hours of the competition, I believe I can only claim about 5 more hours. I’ll err on the side of less and say 10 hours total was spent the entire weekend trying to make a game. I did spend some time during the week working on a separate project, but not too much.
It was my fourth LD, and my worst, but I accomplished some things in this project that I haven’t done in others. For instance, instead of hard-coding a level or randomizing its contents, I created a simple file loader. I also created a simple IMGUI button, which I had never done before. It worked nicely, but it was too bad it didn’t do anything in the game other than switch to the other player’s turn.
I liked the idea I was working on, and I would still like to see my game to completion. Now that I don’t have a dedicated 48 hours in front of me, progress might be slower, but I’d like to see what I can accomplish by the weekend.
[tags]game, game design, productivity, personal development, video game development, indie[/tags]