For this week’s Thousander Club update:
Game Hours: 409.25(previous two years) + 79.5 (current year) = 488.75 / 1000
Game Ideas: 710 (previous two years) + 35 (current year) = 745 / 1000
I managed to improve the gameplay of my LD#11 entry, Minimalist. Originally, the game flashed colors to a beat that would get faster and faster. It was seizure-inducing, but more than a few people realized that the only thing that made them want to rush was the sound since there was no real urgency to finish as quickly as possible.
I took out the flashing colors, and now the obstacles grow, so if you don’t get to the goal right away, the screen will be filled with red. Your paths will close off.
I also changed the screen resolution. It was originally 800×600, but people with 800×600 desktops can’t play it well, so I changed it to 800×480. I was worried that it would get too small, but it seems to work well. People with the smaller EEE PCs might still have problems, but I can’t let it prevent me from moving forward. A newer version can always have a dynamic resolution configuration.
[tags]game, game design, productivity, personal development, video game development, indie[/tags]