For this weekâ€™s Thousander Club update:
Game Hours: 262.25 (previous year) + 140 (current year) = 402.25 / 1000
Game Ideas: 616 (previous year) + 60 (current year) = 676 / 1000
Well, it’s been a quiet couple of weeks. I came back from Ohio on Wednesday, but my girlfriend’s nephew was in town. We went to a museum, saw a couple of movies (is there a reason why they decided that characters in Transformers had to swear?), and generally found ways to make sure that I wasn’t working on Killer Kittens. On the one hand, I didn’t like that I worked even less than I already do, but on the other hand, I had a real vacation from any work. I feel refreshed and thought of a number of things I could do in terms of game development, marketing, and business models.
I did manage to do a little bit of development, but in doing so, I broke my build. I changed my build scripts to take into account the Guichan library, but forgot to actually add the Guichan library. Somehow my build scripts got so confused that they kept repeating the same steps. I set the project to build, only to forget about it until the morning. I saw my CPU meter was constantly at around 100%, and I found my build was still going. When I realized that libSDL was being built a second and then a third time, I realized something was very wrong. I had to watch the build carefully, and then I found the error message that guichan.tar.gz didn’t exist. Once I added it to my project, everything worked fine again. Luckily it only took a few moments to figure out because I cannot afford one of those annoying, time-consuming bugs.
Here’s to a productive week!