For this weekâ€™s Thousander Club update:
Game Hours: 262.25 (previous year) + 136.75 (current year) = 399 / 1000
Game Ideas: 616 (previous year) + 57 (current year) = 673 / 1000
I have managed to implement a slider control. I wasn’t too happy that I was reinventing the wheel, but the idea of incorporating any of the third-party GUI libraries I found into my existing project just to allow the player to use a slider for the audio seemed like too much effort at this point. In fact, at one point I was thinking about doing a major overhaul on my event system in order to accommodate this one feature more easily. I may still end up doing so since it will greatly improve the way my game handles any event. If I am going to go that far, though, I might as well try to incorporate something like Guichan. And then I’m back to thinking that it is too much work for a small feature, and Killer Kittens is already way past the original date I thought I would finish it.
On the other hand, maybe spending more time on this project means that I will go through the pain up front so that later games don’t suffer as much. I already have a one-button build that will work well with later projects, so getting my UI elements working better might be a good use of my time.
In any case, I have a working volume control so that a player won’t have to worry about the sound effects overpowering the music he/she may want to play, and this feature is what I wanted to finish this past week.