Corvus had a fun post today about a hypothetical zombie attack.
You are in a mall when the zombies attack. You have:
1. one weapon.
2. one song blasting on the speakers.
3. one famous person to fight alongside you
- As anyone who has played the indie title Zombie Smashers X2 knows, the best weapon in your arsenal besides the magic uzi is your enemy’s spine. Just remove it ever so uncarefully and you have a wonderful weapon that also lets you regenerate health!
- I think out of all of the music I listen to, I would have to choose Underworld’s Rez + Cowgirl. Yes, that’s technically two, but they did put them together on one track so it counts. When fighting off unrelenting zombies, you need an unrelenting beat. Or, if I was in a really campy mood, Frank Sinatra’s The Way You Look Tonight. I think that would be fun to have playing as I stab and beat zombies into submission with their own spines.
- I was thinking about that scene in Mad About You when Paul couldn’t get to Jamie in the hospital because Bruce Willis was there and the place was sealed off. So Paul had to sneak in, and it turns out that Bruce Willis had been hit in the head and escaped, and so they teamed up to sneak around guards and nurses. Bruce Willis would be fun to team up with…but so would Paul Reiser! We need some good humor during these dark times. But then I thought, “Wait a minute! We might be the only two people left!” Sorry, Paul, but I’ll have to go with Christina Ricci. In a zombie attack, I imagine she’d either be hysterical, providing more incentive for us to survive or at least get to a (probably temporarily) safe area, or she’d be cool and collected, allowing us to plan our strategy and tactics. And of course I think it would be fun to hang out with Christina Ricci, so a zombie attack seems like a good enough excuse to do that. We’ll just have to make sure our last stand isn’t in the florist’s shop.
So there you have it. If I was in the middle of a zombie attack at the mall, I would choose a spine, Underworld, and Christina Ricci.
[tags] zombie attack, indie, meme [/tags]