A friend pointed me to Fun from Yesterday, a blog post that pokes fun at the Atari 2600 and its game box art.
I started to think that maybe the titles were different in different markets. After all, Another World is known as Out of This World in the United States. Then I realized that these covers were edited, and some of them were pretty funny.
But as a fun exercise, I tried to remember the real titles for all of those games:
- Magna Carta is Warlords
- Aliens vs Ghosts is Defender
- Every Sport Ever is Video Olympics
- Gay French Mario Bros is Circus Atari
- Buzz Aldrin Space Rainbow Tennis is Super Breakout
- Hey Steve,- Did We Ever Decide if… is Yar’s Revenge
- Wrong Button is Missile Command
Unfortunately, I am not familiar with what the other games are, although I could guess at a few.
Also, to the people who make disparaging comments against E.T., I still own the cartridge, and I still think it is a fun game. And it turns out, I am not alone.
[tags] atari, retro, video games [/tags]