Last year’s resolutions didn’t all work out. I have to admit that I forgot about them, and a week or so ago I remembered that I had written a post listing my resolutions for the year.
I did actually form a formal company, but it took me months later than I originally planned. Instead of Oracle’s Eye, I finished Pong and will finish Space Invaders. I played a number of games over the course of the year, including games that I never had a chance to play when they were originally released such as Mega Man and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. Once again, I didn’t read 52 books for the year, but there was a period of time towards the end of the year when eating and breathing were all I could do between sleep cycles.
But what about for the coming year?
- I want to sell my first game.
- I want to create a backup system to replace the one that died last year.
- I want to become proficient with autotools, such as autoconf and automake.
- I want to be able to walk up multiple flights of stairs without feeling winded.
- I want to form at least one good, productive, and/or useful habit per month.
I will try to post about my plans to accomplish each of these resolutions later in the week. I am keeping these resolutions in a list that I will check daily instead of keeping them solely in this blog post. B-)
Happy New Year!