Since some legal issues have come up, I thought now would be a good time to make it clear what the the end user license agreement for GBGames’ Blog actually says. This EULA outlines what rights you and I have when you read this blog and has been in effect since I started it over a year ago. Apparently some of you do not read the EULA and so are not aware of your rights and responsibilities. I am republishing the EULA as a service to you.
By reading GBGames’ Blog, hereby known as The Blog, you, hereby known as The Reader, must agree to the following terms and conditions. Failure to do so is copyright infringement and The Reader will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- The Reader is allowed to read, peruse, skim, and/or view The Blog, so long as the Reader does so under the terms of this license.
- The Reader may make comments in The Blog about specific posts of The Blog using the mechanisms provided by The Blog. The Reader may post about The Blog in his/her own blog, hereby known as an External Blog, and may use a trackback to allow its existence to be acknowledged in The Blog. The Reader may also post about or read about The Blog in other media, including but not limited to web forums, mailing lists, or email. Doing any of the above requires The Reader’s External Blog to be likewise licensed under the GBGames’ Blog License.
- The Reader agrees to relicense any source code he/she controls, whether owned by The Reader or another party, under the General Public License, and all copyright shall be immediately transferred to Gianfranco Berardi, owner of GBGames.
- Reading this license implies acceptance of the terms.
- No, seriously.
- THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE BLOG, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE BLOG “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE BLOG IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE BLOG PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
- IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE BLOG (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE BLOG TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER BLOGS OR SOME OTHER WAY YOU MESSED UP), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
As I said, there have been some legal issues, and so appropriate and
proper steps have been taken. I basically hoped to inform and
reeducate my readers as to exactly what rights they may have
implicitly or explicitly been given or restricted in very clear, yet
Further developments may not be completely disclosed in the interest
of privacy, but anything I can provide will be made publicly available
on this blog. It’s been very, VERY trying for me in this time, but hey,
legal issues almost always are, right? I just try to think of my many
supporters. Without you, I don’t know where GBGames would be. B-)